Unusual for this time of year, total home sales saw an increase last month, total closings for Cape Coral was 430 highest reported August in 6 years.
• Inventory levels fell in August to 1,413 and continues to favor a seller’s market in Cape Coral.
• Average list to sale ratio reached 98% in August for Cape Coral, first time this year and prices increased by 11% over last year.
• Permits for both Ft. Myers and Cape Coral rose significantly last month. In Ft. Myers a total of 178 permits were issued with a taxable value of $35m and in Cape Coral permit totals were 216 with a taxable value of $46m.
• Unlike Cape Coral, Ft. Myers saw no real change in appreciation from last August. The average sale price is $298k.
• Although inventory levels dropped last month for Ft. Myers it had no impact and Ft. Myers remains a “neutral market”.
If you’re looking to purchase or sell a property in Southwest Florida, contact Deb Cullen with RE/MAX Realty Team today at (239) 233-2322