State and National News:
- Florida No. 2 among CEOs best state for business Read more…
- Fla.’s housing market: Mores closed sales, listings in April 2015 Read more…
- Homes prices starting to rise quickly again Read more…
- Gov. Scott signs real estate-related bills into law Read more…
- Home ‘flipping’ still popular in Fla. Read more…
- Officials using aerial photo reap more property taxes Read more…
- Condo owners win protection. What happens now? Read more…
Taxes, Financing, Insurance and more:
Cape Coral and SW Florida News:
- New home construction back on track Read more…
- 300-home development proposed in Cape Coral Read more…
- Foreclosures hit 18-month high, no longer a bargain Read more…
Real Estate Tips:
- 15 Secrets of Home Staging Read more…
- Cape Coral Parks, eco-Parks, Nature trails Read more…
Everything is selling quick! Check out these two new listings….
Waterfront with GREAT Gulf Access! only 299,500
RARE! RARE! RARE find in the Rose Garden area…. You don’t see too many of these large condos with quick GULF ACCESS and a PRIVATE DOCK on the market ….. Especially a FIRST FLOOR END UNIT with GRANITE, diagonal 20″ tile, faux painted tray ceiling, plantation shutters, a large screened lanai/porch area within just a few steps of the pool, 10K boat lift, electric wind shutters on the lanai and picture window, high 10′ ceilings, and more. Not to mention — the WATERFRONT VIEWS over the 200′ canal are just amazing! Imagine sitting in your screened lanai overlooking the water, watching the sunrise, drinking a cup of coffee and dreaming about the boating day ahead. 55+ COMMUNITY. GREAT Location makes everything available: restaurants and shopping just a short drive or bike ride away, great community for bike riding and walking, and only located approx. 20 miles to the International airport.
1781 FOUR MILE COVE #134, CAPE CORAL, FL 33990……. Condo only $149,000
Are you looking for the CAREFREE FLORIDA LIFESTYLE? This is it! Gorgeous DIRECT GULF ACCESS WATERFRONT condo. Stunning with TILE, high grade wood laminate floors, tray ceilings, crown molding, walk in closet, and more. This sought after, well maintained, GATED Community offers pool, spa, tennis courts, canal walk, clubhouse, waterfront picnic area… The canal waterway leads to the Gulf of Mexico, beaches, and surrounding islands such as Captiva, Cayo Costa, Cabbage Key, Sanibel, Boca Grand, and beyond….and the Association mentioned that there are still a few 25′ areas available for purchase – to install a dock . Great location close to shopping, restaurants, hospital, and the bridge (for quick access to the International Airport). Grab your book and relax in the SCREENED BALCONY or head to the pool for a quick dip. This condo has it all….
HELP!!! Listings are selling FAST! and we are looking for more inventory! If you know someone that wants to sell their home/lot or possibly buy in the near future, please let me know.
- Another drop in single family inventory, making it the 4th consecutive month. Inventory dropped by 10.31% in Cape Coral.
- The traditional sector saw a drop of 170 units, while REO’s and Short Sales remain unchanged.
- REO’s although holding steady are down 43% over the previous year and short sales are down over 70% both of which are fueling the increase in home values.
- Home values rose again this month by 10.23%, single family homes are selling for an average price of $237,000.
- Sellers hold all the bargaining power when list to sale price is 97% and there’s 3.5 months of inventory.
- Single family permits are up 12% (83 for the previous month), although rebounding, the demand and new household formation is too much for new construction to meet the need. As such, expect prices to continue rising.
- Rentals are BOOMING! Anything under $1200/month (annual rental) is renting in just a few days.
- Rents have been holding at about $1100/month for a typical 1500 sq. ft. – 3/2/2 house in Cape Coral. That same house would have only rented for $925/month in December.
- Seasonal rentals are extremely busy right now. There is already less than 15% of vacation rentals available for next season (2016) scheduling for 2017 is already underway.
- On August 1, a new CFPB rule will take effect which will integrate the truth in lending, good faith estimate and HUD1 disclosures into two new disclosures: the Loan Estimate at application and the Closing Disclosure at closing. Industry expert(s) will be hosting workshops on this new rule next month at RE/MAX Realty Team.
UEP 6&7 and North 2
- UEP 6&7 is expected to be completed before the end of the year at which time, the next phase (North 2), will commence.
- An area that was originally designated as North 3 recently was included in the North 2 section (see highlighted area on attachment).
- The area includes just north of Embers Pkway and west of Burnstore Rd.
- On May 7th the supreme court ruled in favor of the Fire Assessment Tax which means that the collected taxes totaling over $23m will now be used for paving roads, repairs and improvements of city buildings, police and fire fleet maintenance and more (http://www.capecoral.net/Fire_Services_Assessment_101__May2014_.pdf)