State and National News:
- Shrinking inventory may raise prices again Read more
- Freddie Mac advises buyers to move quickly Read more
- Real Estate doing well compared to 10-year average Read more
- Florida regaining economic steam Read more
Taxes, Insurance and more:
Cape Coral and SW Florida News:
- Cape Coral #5 in the 10 Best Places to Live in Florida Read more…
- 2015 Safest Cities in Florida Study Read more…
- Infrastructure is the focus of new year in Cape Coral Read more…
- Bimini Basin project moves forward Read more
- Develop plan for the Bimini Basin Read more
- Fort Myers ranked 4th best winter escape Read more
- Congratulations to the CCCIA 2015 Builders Showcase Winners Read more…
- Walmart’s Sam’s Club expands further to Cape Coral Read more
- Cape Coral to spend millions on road repaving project Read more…
- ‘Billboard’ proposal nudges forward Read more
- Lower speed limits proposal heads to Cape Coral City Council Read more…
- Parks and Recreation Things to Do Read more
- Cape Coral Parks and Recreations Winter/Spring Program Guide Read more
Real Estate Tips:
- Does home staging help? Read more
- Outdoor kitchens’ popularity grows Read more…
- The MLS is accurate – online ad sites are not Read more…
- 15 Secrets of Home Staging Read more…
- Manatees gathering near Burnt Store Rd Read more
Everything is selling quick! Check out these two new listings….
Island Cove Condo…. only $159,000
Are you looking for the CAREFREE FLORIDA LIFESTYLE? This is it! Gorgeous DIRECT GULF ACCESS WATERFRONT condo. Stunning with TILE, high grade wood laminate floors, tray ceilings, crown molding, walk in closet, and more. This sought after, well maintained, GATED Community offers pool, spa, tennis courts, canal walk, clubhouse, waterfront picnic area… The canal waterway leads to the Gulf of Mexico, beaches, and surrounding islands such as Captiva, Cayo Costa, Cabbage Key, Sanibel, Boca Grand, and beyond….and the Association mentioned that there are still a few 25′ areas available for purchase – to install a dock . Great location close to shopping, restaurants, hospital, and the bridge (for quick access to the International Airport). Grab your book and relax in the SCREENED BALCONY or head to the pool for a quick dip. This condo has it all….
1128 NW 27th Ct, Cape Coral, FL …. Homesite only $8,800
This OVERSIZED home site is located in Unit 56… The highly desirable WESTERN EXPOSURE offers beautiful sunsets… Lot PREP WORK HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE FOR YOU so you are one step closer to building your dream home!. Imagine building your home and living the Paradise dream…. Nearby Saltwater Boating Access from the Community Boat Ramp is only a short drive and will give you access to the Gulf of Mexico, beaches, and surrounding islands such as Cayo Costa, Cabbage Key, Sanibel, Boca Grand… Not to mention…this area offers some of the best fishing to be found anywhere in the world. Plus, you’ll love the fact that this lot is just around the corner from an 18-hole Championship Golf Course. PRICES ARE ON THE RISE! Come take advantage of the deals while there are still available….
HELP!!! I NEED MORE LISTINGS…Listings are selling FAST! and I am looking for more inventory! If you know someone that wants to sell their home/lot or possibly buy in the near future, please let me know.
– 2014 saw an annual appreciation of 5.5% for Cape Coral. A welcomed reprieve from the double digit appreciation we’ve seen over the last couple years.
– A record breaking 402 closings in December the last time December reported this number of closings was in 2010!
– New inventory continues at a nice pace of 4-6% monthly, which will maintain inventory below 6mo and allow prices to keep climbing.
– New construction continues on a positive note with 63 new issued permits in December, a rise of about 26%.
– Gulf Access and freshwater lots continue to be a safe investment, GA lots sold at an average of $137k while freshwater sold for an average of $36k.
– The SW section of Cape Coral has the highest number of reported gulf access new construction with an expected 12-15% appreciation in 2015.
– FHA announces that mortgage insurance premiums will be reduced from 1.35% to .85% (which is an average savings of $900 annually for new borrowers)
– The Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act expired on December 31, 2014. Tenants now may face swifter evictions since the old Act required a bank and/or new owner to honor the tenant’s lease or if no lease existed, gave 90 day notice to vacate the home.
– FHA’s 90 day “flipping” ban returned on January 1st. The rule prohibits the use of FHA financing to buy single family properties that will be resold within 90 days.
– 3% down payment is back! The guidelines are designed to help first time homebuyers and more low-income buyers afford homes. Borrowers are required to pay mortgage insurance and complete a financial counseling program. This program can begin as early as March.